Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Not Exactly Writer's Block

I find myself writing an awful lot these days, for a variety of sources. There are a pair of articles I know I need to write, and which are more or less assembled in my head and ready for elucidation. But man, do I not want to.

Writer's block is no news to anyone: it happens, whether in wondering what to write about or how to tackle a particular subject or story. The latter is a much more common item in my experience, as I rarely lack for subjects and even have a group of lists to draw from, depending on the outlet or general topic. Sometimes getting it going can be daunting, though.

No, my trouble this week is an unwillingness. It feels like not wanting to do homework, or perhaps how a horse feels when it shies from a hurdle in its agility course. It's odd, because I'm interested in the subjects at hand and have no question that the pieces can be executed pretty well. They were both my ideas. It's just that they require mental effort and just now, I am having a bugger of a time marshaling enough to get going.

Oddly, complaining about it here has neither taken any real effort nor given me the impulse to do the articles.

No comments: