Thursday, December 19, 2013

Alas.

Sometimes I really wish I could be witty on purpose. I suppose it does happen once in a while, but usually my humor is strictly responsive: I build what's there already into humor by noting or playing with the situation. The world is full of inconsistencies, statements spark tangents that look like non sequitors until you see that they actually run parallel to the original, and absurdity and irony appear to be the bedrock principles of the universe itself. But coming up with the situations is a task that I have never been much good at. Fixing that flaw would be a great benefit to me.

People generally think of me as witty, but the truth of it is that I simply see and point out the silliness of the world around me.

Also, ending a sentence with a preposition is totally fine. Just saying.

No comments: