Thursday, August 08, 2013

Need A Crew

Speaking of crews, I actually need one, musically speaking. Specifically, I still need:
  • a bass player, preferably able to use both an upright and electric (fretted)
  • a guitarist who can do both Celtic folk and rock/Irish punk
The band I have in mind should end up as sort of a combination of Great Big Sea and Flogging Molly, with some Young Dubliners added on one end and some rock on the other.

I have this magnificent thing thundering through my head right now that I hope to hang onto well enough to write down - the trouble being that I'm a couple of hours away from a keyboard and music paper just now. Fiddle, low whistle, electric guitar, electric bass, some good, meaty drums, and my voice. Rock like the crash of breakers on a pebble beach, with a strong Irish undercurrent.

No comments: