Tuesday, November 15, 2016

I'm not a bad person, really.

Look, I'm not trying to say that I'm more intelligent than most people, just that it's really hard to explain things, no matter how simple I make them, far far too much of the time. I swear, it's like an armor of preconceived dumbth covers most brains, and if you even try to make headway, the pre-programming nabs the idea on the way in and runs off with it.

It's like this:



Ok, I am a bad person.

I'm also getting pretty pissy about having to explain not only that 2+2=4, and why, with several examples, but that it always has and always will because reality doesn't bend to feelz, math is not subjective, emotional investment does not produce either truth or reliability, and deliberately missing the point is not remotely clever.

It would appear that I may be a much worse person by the time I'm done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I like you! And that's not my preconceived dumbth talking, either.

Peregrine John said...

Grr, somehow I nuked my last one. It was something like:

Hey, who am I to disagree? Thank you!

For what it's worth, you seem to lack the "brainwash armor" I mentioned. In fact, by my reading, it's the lack of it that freaks some people out about you. Facts just sail right in, unmolested by a council of officially approved goodthink. Quelle horror!